Saturday, March 15, 2008

ki'e - thanks

As I promised, no new words on weekends. But I want to thank you for your participation, several people posted photos of tagged things :)

The words of this week are:

* grute 'fruit'
* stagi 'vegetable'
* citka 'eat'
* jukpa 'cook'
* rectu 'meat'

I was thinking about creating some flash card program files from the words every week. I've already created some from the wiki book words on Food and Beverages for my personal use and could also upload them. Question: what flash card programs do you use? I like Anki and Pauker. Pauker files can be imported in Minipauker, a program that runs on mobile phones capable of running java midlets (which btw every newer mobile phone is).

If you have suggestion for next weeks' topic, feel free to comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this! This is a great idea.

One annoyance: when I receive the posts in Thunderbird, the font size of the word/rafsi/definition is enormous, which makes the post hard to read.

Random idea for next week: animals.

mu'o mi'e durkas

Chris said...

Hey there,

thanks for telling me. It seems like a % sign gets lost sometimes which makes font-size: 120% to an absolut size of 120. I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Animals sounds like a good topic.

Anonymous said...

font-size: 120 would do it, yes.

I made a Rememberize set with the words from this week, in the style of the existing Rememberize Lojban sets: cards in both directions, and full definition included on the back.
http://rememberize.com/collections/show/672

mi ba ca'o jmina lo balvi ke tolslabu valsi
I will continue adding future words.

Chris said...

Thanks for creating the set :) I put a link in the right upper box, but if you don't want it, I'll remove it.

Can you tell me if the problem with the oversized fonts still exists? It *should* be solved now :)